QSLAN is an informal group of Quakers who are expressing their testimonies through advocating state-level legislation and action.
The core of the group is eight organizations: six Quaker lobbies and two programs of the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC):
- Friends Committee on National Legislation of California
- Indiana Friends Committee on Legislation
- Friends Committee on Maine Public Policy [contact Jim Matlack]
- Quaker Voice Maryland
- New Hampshire Office of AFSC
- Friends Committee on North Carolina Legislation
- Quaker Voice on Washington Public Policy
- West Virginia Economic Justice Program of AFSC
AFSC’s Office of Public Policy and Advocacy and the Friends Committee on National Legislation also participate.
The network welcomes individuals (Friends or friends) from any state who want to learn and share in the Network. Other organizations are also welcomed to request affiliation. Contact Susan Cozzens from Quaker Voice Washington to be added to the email list or request organizational affiliation (email@example.com).
We also maintain a specialized email list on Healing Justice/Criminal Justice/prison/police issues. Susan can place you on that list, in addition to or instead of the main QSLAN list. Resources for that group can be found here.