Tell the two legislators who represent you in the House of Representatives, and your State Senator, that you support the governor’s proposal for a capital gains tax AND his proposed greenhouse gas emissions reduction program as required to provide funding needed to maintain or improve our state’s infrastructure of Social Safety Net programs, schools, and support a cleaner environment. See the Support Cap & Trade Alert and the Bill Tracker for more information and a list of bills FCWPP is tracking. How to contact the people who represent you in Olympia
- If you know your legislators’ names, send an email addressed to: email@example.com (Example: Rep. Frank Chopp’s address is Frank.Chopp@leg.wa.gov). You can also leave a phone message for your legislators using the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-562-6000 (staff will identify your legislative district and find your legislators’ names).
- Alternately, you can determine your legislative district, find your legislators’ names, and draft an email by doing the following:
- Go to http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/ and input your home address
- Click “Find My District” and use the contact information that appears to address an email you draft as described in 1. (above), or
- Click on your Representative’s name when it pops up over the map after you complete the actions in 2. above.
- A list will appear, with a picture the Representative you clicked at the top. Click on the word “E-mail” (adjacent to the bottom right corner of the picture).
- Complete the form that appears, feel free to cut and paste from the Bill Tracker , or use your own words. Then click “Submit Form”
Let us know you contacted your legislators by sending a copy (cc:) of your email to Aldrich.FCWPP@gmail.com