Here’s the lineup of events. Zoom links and advance preparation information will be sent to all registrants.
- Friday evening, February 17, 7 pm: Optional orientation and legislative process review (online)
- Sunday morning, February 19, 9:30 am: Optional preview from the working groups of the priority bills for lobbying (online)
- Monday morning, February 20, 10 am to noon. Full briefing with an overview of the session from our lobbyist and presentation of the priority bills from the working groups, including current status for each in the legislative process. The in-person gathering is at Olympia Friends Meeting, 3201 Boston Harbor Rd NE, Olympia, WA 98506.
- 10-10:05. Welcome. Hybrid protocols.
- 10:05-10:30. Legislative session highlights and challenges. Lonnie Johns-Brown, Quaker Voice Legislative Advocate.
- 10:30-11:00. Criminal Justice working group priorities: Limiting solitary confinement, reducing sentencing enhancements, and authorizing crisis response centers.
- 11:00-11:30. Economic Justice working group priorities: Guaranteed Basic Income pilot, compensation for past housing injustices, behavioral health workforce.
- 11:30-noon. Environmental Stewardship working group priorities: Right to Repair, plastics pollution, phasing out natural gas in Washington.
- Noon – 1 pm. Lunch provided by Olympia Meeting. Thank you!
- 1 pm onwards. Constituent meetings at the Capitol and online.
- Capitol campus map: Capitol-Campus-Master-asof_11-10-2021 (wa.gov)
- Parking information: Washington State Legislature Parking
- General information about coming to the legislature: Washington State Legislature Coming to the Legislature
Important tools for your participation:
- Legislative Priorities Sheet
- Preparation and script for lobby visits
- Notetaking sheet
- Legislative report form (online survey)