Want to get involved? Make a difference?
Here are some steps you can take.
- Join our Action Alert network– it’s free and it’s easy. Just register here. We’ll send you actions to take on the important issues facing Washington. Communicate directly to your legislators online.
- Join Quaker Voice as a contributing member. Help keep us a strong voice of conscience at the Capitol.
- Take action on a bill or issue that matters to you.
- Work on issues that matters to you by joining one of our working groups (Criminal Justice, Economic Justice, Local Responses to Global Challenges).
- Email or call your legislator. When you register for our Action Network, we’ll send you alerts about important legislation and suggested messages for you to send.
- Come lobby at the Capitol. Check our website for information on Quaker Lobby Day in Olympia or let us know when you’ll be in town. – check here for the legislature’s calendars.
- Lobby in your home district by visiting your legislators and their staff in their regional office. Find contact information here by district or by roster. It can be just as effective and sometimes easier as coming to Olympia. We can connect you with others in your area and provide support as you put together a group to visit your legislator. Read tips on how to put together a successful visit in your hometown. It really makes a difference when you know your legislator and his or her staff!
- Write a letter to the editor. It’s great to see your name in print! Get more tips on writing letters to the editor that will be published.
- Check out our activist toolkit for more information on becoming an effective advocate.
- Get informed